Lake Macquarie FAW is affiliated with the Fellowship of Australian Writers New South Wales (FAW) – http://www.fawnsw.org.au – an Australia-wide writing fellowship dedicated to supporting those interested in writing
The aims of the FAW are:
- to foster and promote the growth of Australian writing
- to promote excellence in writing
- to encourage writers, and those interested in writing, to join the Fellowship and enjoy the support, help and knowledge of members
- to expand the Fellowship across the State
- to provide an organisation to assist writers unable to attend Branch meetings
- to take the Fellowship into the 21st century and take advantage of technology and its new role in writing and publishing.
Our Lake Macquarie branch meets monthly to exchange ideas and develop our writing skills for poetry and prose (fiction and non-fiction). Meetings are held on the second Saturday of each month, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm at the Toronto Community Centenary Hub, NSW.
We also meet on other occasions for critique sessions, where members present excerpts of their work for comment and feedback. Critique sessions are held on the second Wednesday and the fourth Saturday of each month, 1 pm – 3.30 pm, at Rathmines.
Annual membership (of Fellowship of Australian Writers, NSW) is $45, plus we collect $5 at meetings to cover refreshments and incidentals.
To find out more, see our facebook page – www.facebook.com/LakeMacFAW , find us on Twitter – @lakemacfaw2, Instagram #lakemacfaw2, or let us know of your interest in joining by emailing us at– email@example.com